Born in Runymeade, grew up in Menston, Yorkshire.
School: Bradford Grammar
University: Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University
Occupation: Self-employed writer/cyclist.
Cycling Uphill – cycling blog
- 1st National Hill Climb Championship 2013
- 2nd National 12 hour TT 2016 – 284 miles
- 3rd National 100 miles TT 2014
- 7th British Time Trial Championship 2015
- 67 wins out of 116 hill climbs
- 123 wins in open events
I studied PPE at Oxford University, and taught in Oxford for several years. I now run my own economics website. I have published a few books
- Pettinger: Cracking Economics Octopus Press (2016)
- Pettinger: What Would Keynes Do? Octopus Press (2017)
- Pettinger: Economics Without the Boring Bits (2021)
Selected biographies of famous and inspiring people
Sri Chinmoy is my spiritual teacher. I give meditation classes in Oxford and Yorkshire.