My beloved spiritual teacher Sri Chinmoy died on Thursday 11th October.
“The power that dominates cannot solve world problems. The power that loves can solve world problems.”- Sri Chinmoy
This is a biography I wrote of Sri Chinmoy, from his early life in India to his later life in the West.
- Biography of Sri Chinmoy in India (- 1964)
- Biography of Sri Chinmoy in the West
- Service and Activities of Sri Chinmoy at Sri Chinmoy Centre
- Quotes of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy News
Photo by: Unmesh Swanson, Sri Chinmoy Centre Galleries.
” Hope is at once both simple and profound.
It is hope that binds Heaven and earth. Hope is the bridge between Heaven and earth.
It is hope that makes us feel, at the beginning of our spiritual journey, that we are of God and that we are for God. “
Photo by Tejvan. View of Magdalen Tower and Christ Church Meadow Oxford, October 18th 2007
The wise are wary of words,
which corrupt rather than cure.
is the obesity of the ego,
the symptom of ignorance.
– The Tao Te Ching
England 12 – Australia 10
France 20 – New Zealand 18
Yesterday, I was counting runners at the 24 hour race in Tooting Bec, organised by Sri Chinmoy A.C and Run and Become. I was glad to be counting runners, because it meant I would miss watching England getting beating by Australia (or so I thought).
What a turnaround. Sport can often throw up surprises. But, this is one of the great upsets, given England and France’s performances in their first game.
Who Know what will happen in the next games. Anything could happen.
rugby world cup is here at priyadarshan.org
Commiserations to my Australian and New Zealand friends, 🙂
Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men — the other 999 follow women.
# Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.
# Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
# Although it is generally known, I think it’s about time to announce that I was born at a very early age.
Satyam eva jayate.
Truth alone triumphs.
“I stand for truth. Truth will never mix with untruth. And even if the whole world is against me, truth must triumph in the end.”
If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
One truth to learn:
Ignorance is naught.
One truth to follow:
The path of Grace.
One truth to live:
Forget Him not.
One truth to be:
His Heart and Face.
– Sri Chinmoy
– My Flute
- Sri Chinmoy.org – Official Complete Source for Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy Library – Browse from over 1,500 books of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy Races – home of Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team, with latest races
- Sri Chinmoy Centre – Website of Sri Chinmoy Centre, with pages by members and students of Sri Chinmoy
- Yoga of Sri Chinmoy – Introduction to yoga and philosophy of Sri Chinmoy
- Life of Sri Chinmoy – Stories from the early life of Sri Chinmoy in India and coming to the West.
- Sri Chinmoy Bio – Extended Biography of Sri Chinmoy with blogs on self improvement and latest news of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy TV – Videos about Sri Chinmoy and members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre
- Sri Chinmoy Poetry – Selections from the extensive poetry of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy Books – Browse and purchase from the books of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy Art – Selections from Sri Chinmoy’s Jharna Kala art and soul bird drawings
- Sri Chinmoy Weightlifting – site about Sri Chinmoy’s weightlifting
The idea of religious unity has strikes a chord with many people. I think that one of the great advances of the past century is that people have become more aware, tolerant and accepting of different faiths. True, there is still a long way to go. But, I feel that people are no longer inspired by the idea of only one path being correct. Sri Chinmoy has done much to try and promote the ideal of the underlying unity of the different world religions.
“No religion is absolutely perfect. Yet not only do we fight for religion, but also are we often willing to sacrifice our lives for it. And what we hopelessly fail to do is to live it. A true religion is that which has no caste, no creed, no colour. It is but an all-uniting and all-pervading embrace.”
Religion should not be a means to divide a separate people. It should be a vehicle to bring people together. As Sri Chinmoy suggests:
Man-made religions find fault with one another, whereas God-made religion is eternally a oneness-song — God-manifestation through human aspiration on earth.”
One of the great exponents of Religious Unity was the Hindu Yogi, Swami Vivekananda. This is an audio recording of his opening speech given at the World Parliament of Religions, Chicago, 1894.
- Interfaith and Religious tolerance at Sri Chinmoy Centre
- Article on the Difference between Spirituality and Religion
Photo: Sri Chinmoy at World Parliament of Religions, Barcelona 2004
My previous blog has lots of good archives. These are some of my favourite categories.